Announcement: The Letter of Interest (LOI) period for our initial application cycle is now closed.
Letters of Interest
Communities interested in applying for a Wisconsin Healthy Community Designation are required to submit a Letter of Interest (LOI). Program staff and advisors will use the Letters of Interest to gauge which communities are actively engaging in community health improvement and will help us connect neighboring and/or overlapping communities who are working in similar geographic areas but may not be aware of each other’s efforts. The Wisconsin Healthy Communities Designation team will follow-up with communities individually with an invitation to apply and a link to the online application.
Please note: The Wisconsin Healthy Communities Designation is a new program. This first year is a designated learning year for the program, and we are committed to continuous quality improvement. Because of this, we encourage communities to reach out to program staff with any questions as you consider applying and as you develop Letters of Interest (email@example.com). We also encourage communities to reach out to us with any feedback about the website, program materials, and application process. We appreciate communities’ flexibility as we incorporate feedback and make minor adjustments to the timeline, application, and/or criteria throughout this year’s application cycle.
Any self-defined, local, place-based community in Wisconsin is eligible to apply.
- Applications may not be submitted by single individuals or single organizations.
- Applications must be submitted on behalf of the entire community by a governing organization (such as a town board, neighborhood association, or Chamber of Commerce) or a community coalition.
- If a community coalition applies, they must have a co-applicant that is a governing organization with a permanent mailing address.
- Letters of Interest will be accepted starting Monday, December 11, 2017.
- The LOI period will remain open until February 16, 2018 (extended from January 31, 2018).
Please review program criteria prior to submitting your community's Letter of Interest (LOI).
Letters of Interest should answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your “Community”?
- What type of community do you hope to submit a designation application for? (Neighborhood, Village, Town, City, County, Tribe, or Other)
- Please briefly describe your community. (150 words)
- What level designation are you applying for (e.g. bronze, silver, gold)?
- Please briefly describe why you believe you meet this designation level. (300 words)
*Applications are subject to change.